Sound Industry - Guest Speakers, Panels, & Workshops Announced
Sound Industry is a brand new music conference to challenge and inspire individuals working across all aspects of the vibrant musical landscape of Bristol and beyond.
Taking place at Colston Hall on Thursday 30th March, the conference will host some of the UK’s leading music industry professionals for a day of thought provoking panel discussions and talks examining the business side of careers in music, with a particular spotlight on issues of musical diversity, equality and wellbeing.
- Striving, Surviving, Sustaining - Unique journeys in music
- A Woman’s Place Is…? - Gender roles in music
- Music & Mind - Resilience in a creative industry
- Creative Privilege - Do you need rich parents to have a career in the creative industries?
- Annie Mentor - WOMAD, Afrika Eye
- Antonia Odunlami - gal-dem
- Claire Scivier - Artist coach
- Coco Cole - Capital Xtra
- Duncan Harrison - Crack Magazine
- Danielle Moore - Crazy P
- Danielle Wade - BMG Publishing
- Eats Everything - Artist
- Eva Lazarus - Artist
- Emily Cooper - Everything Counts PR
- Jamz Supernova - BBC Radio 1Xtra
- Javeon - Artist
- Gabby Chelmicka - BIMM
- Hodge - Artist
- Keira Sinclair - POLY.artists
- Lady Nade - Artist
- Maxie Gedge - PRS Foundation
- Mia Zur-Szpiro - Stamp The Wax
- Nick Harris - NRK/NERD Label Services
- Rider Shafique - Artist, Young Echo
- Sammy Maine - Bristol Live Mag
- Solomon O.B - Artist
- DJ Workshop - Hosted by Bristol Women in Music 'Mix Nights' mentors Daisy Moon, Em Williams, Danielle Doobay
- Production Workshop - Hosted by BAFTA nominated composer Tony Briscoe
There will be a special performance by Kate Simko and London Electronic Orchestra in the evening. If you already have a ticket for the conference then you are entitled to discounted tickets for the concert via the Colston Hall website.